Beauty Bag: Melissa, Hare Styling

I was thrilled when Liz asked me to participate in her Beauty Bag series. I love her beautiful blog and was very excited to meet a fellow Canadian blogger! I don’t wear a lot of makeup but I definitely have a few essentials. Here’s a sneak peak into my beauty bag.


Nail polish: I rarely go without nail polish. Freshly painted nails are one of my favourite things and right now I love these two colours. OPI- Bring On The Bling and Joe Fresh- Jade. Bring On The Bling is the perfect accessory for a weekend outfit!

Mascara: I have light eyelashes so I absolutely love Loreal’s Carbon Black mascara. I’ve been using this mascara for as far back as I can remember. I’ve tried other brands and nothing compares to it.

Bag: I love the colour of my Sephora makeup bag. It was a gift from my friend Kim and it’s the perfect size for all my essentials.

Undereye concealer: I LOVE Lancome’s Undereye Concealer. I apply it every morning to freshen up my eyes. I have to admit, I also use it to cover any other small blemishes. Since I don’t use foundation, this is the perfect light alternative. Did I mention it’s also waterproof? Love!

Night cream: Don’t laugh. I’m 28 and I use deep-set wrinkle repair. I have fine lines on my forehead and I’m absolutely obsessed with getting rid of them. I even went so far as to cut bangs! Yes, I agree that this obsession is silly. Hey, isn’t it better to be proactive? I must admit that I really like L’Oreal’s Advanced Revitalift night cream. It goes on very light and you only need a little bit to make your skin feel hydrated.

Eye shadow: I bought Smashbox eye shadow in Champagne last year for our wedding. I absolutely love the light glow that it gives. You can also add a dab on your cheeks to highlight them (this was a little trick that the makeup artist taught me).

Cheeks and lips: I don’t wear a lot of lipstick (except for a recent RED adventure) but this Tipsy Tarte from Sephora is the perfect tint for both lips and cheeks. I love that it’s two in one!

Brushes: Since its winter, I’m only really using my Posh eye shadow brush from Sephora. I’ve included my Quo bronzer brush which is a staple in the summer months. Right now I mostly use a pinch of pink of my cheeks, rather than an all over bronzer. If you’re looking for a great bronzer, I recommend Physicians Formula in a pearl finish. This gives you the best summer glow!

Which one could I not live without? I can’t pick just one! It definitely has to be mascara and nail polish.


Finally, something I recently tried - bright red lipstick!


 It was fun but I might stick with clear gloss. :)

Thanks to the uber stylish and gorgeous Melissa from Hare Styling  for sharing!!